Saturday, June 13, 2009

Making the magic happen...day one

Well,
I just got done with my first big day of training- eight hours of cheesy videos, protocol, Disney standards guidelines, and "coaching" in the Disney way. Pretty intense stuff, but it was just a thrill to know that I'm going to be a part of this! We took a little tour of the park as part of our training, and that was pretty darn exciting. It was crowded, but we got some inside trivia on things, and I kept looking at all the vendors thinking "ooh, that's going to be me!"
There's still a lot I have to learn about my job and all. Tomorrow is more training, then we move into on the job training, and eventually to real work. Well, Disneyland work, that is! And I did learn a bit more about perks...I can get in to any park, any time, with my employee ID. That means Disneyland, Florida, Hong Kong, everything- except for tokyo, because I guess Japanese people don't want us or something. Then I'm getting this special main entrance ticket where I can sign in up to three other people with me! I only get to use it sixteen times a year, but hey, that's still pretty sweet. I get 20% off merchandise and 10 off food, and I also get sweet deals at hotels, and even on other parks in Southern California! Woohoo...I am officially hooked up.
I will keep posting the latest on my adventures, but I think those are the juiciest details so far. Let me know if you need a sign in! :) Talk to you soon.

No comments: