Friday, October 3, 2008

Supermarket sweep!

So actually and fortunately, there is not too terribly much to report lately...but perhaps that is simply because I haven't been around all that much. I generally go to school early morning for work or to observations-- which Grandma eagerly wants me to be mistaken for a high schooler at. Every single time I mention it, her response is the same. "did they take you for one of the kids yet?" "I keep saying they'll think she's a student there." "I'll bet they think you just go there." Despite how many times I try to explain that much to even my surprise I've been dressing and acting mature enough that teachers and people know me and I haven't been asked for a hall pass or anything, she gets such a kick out of thinking I am so young. Oh well...
But today I decided to try and rescue my Auntie from driving all the way out and back to shop, and finally talked Grandma into letting me take her to the grocery store (only took a month and a half for her to give in!) And then she kept acting like it was her great idea all along, saying how nice it would be that Marilyn wouldn't have to come out, if we forget something I can pick it up. Not that I haven't been saying this for weeks. Whatever. It was actually not too bad, though. I was a bit nervous that I'd be having tales of adventure and woe. But we managed to get in the car and figure out the seatbelt (eventually). The scooter cart at Stater Bros was a bit frightening. I got it out (that was fun!) to the car and got her in it (the grabbing by the pants seat trick works wonderfully! It was awesome!), but she was having quite a tough time maneuvering at first. She almost hit a couple of cars, then scooted around and tried to go in the exit so she had to back up and almost rolled off back into the parking lot. We finally got into the store and only had a few near collisions with people and things. But we did a pretty good job on the groceries, moved through efficiently enough, and didn't even spend too much which always makes her happy. She kept insisting we'd need another cart to take it to the car but we managed. And now she doesn't have to go out at night, which she kept complaining about...and maybe dear Auntie will get a weekend...and I'll go bake for grandpa and everyone will be a winner. And that is how I earn my keep :) :)

No comments: