Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Poor Grandpa...

So my latest endeavor is standing up for the dear old man who I enjoy living with, against the forces of the not so sweet woman who continually attempts to tear him down and turn others against him...her recent efforts seem to be aimed at convincing me he's no good. Like the other day when he was in the shower and she said he should have just waited and stayed in bed because then I could've used the bathroom. I told her he had a right to shower and I was happy to use the other one (well, it's not such a pleasant experience using her shower but I try to avoid looking at my surroundings and fight the feeling that I'm really just getting dirtier)...
Or last night when I was having my dinner ("what are you eating?" she always demands...and I usually drop my fork with a clatter to hide my irritation, then calmly respond with a near-smartass remark like "food" or "dinner"), and she said it wasn't much variety and she could have cooked it better. I always praise Grandpa's cooking and say he does a fine job. This morning she claimed he "thinks I need to eat," to which I responded that of course I do, everyone does. And I'm happy to have his service. So I press on, enduring her glares and refuting the nasty comments, in order to bring the world joy and entertainment through the words of this blog :) Thanks for listening! And for all who can truly understand ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog brings me warm laughter in the midst of a cold TPA storm.