Wednesday, October 29, 2008

She's going a little batty...

So my return to the geriatric ward was actually not too horrible. Grandma (and of course Grandpa!) seem to have genuinely missed having me around and appreciated me. I even had some rather nice chatting time with Grandma and weaseled a little more information out of her about both of her weddings! Since details about Clarence are pretty sparce I was quite thrilled. She mentioned that they should have been married in 1941 and he was almost out of the service, but got called back up after Pearl Harbor. And I guess they had known each other a long time because she worked with his mother. And his army friends took them out for fried chicken dinner...
Grandma was halfway decent, which is always a little worrisome! I showed her the pictures from the wedding and she kept asking if Mom was Daniel, who was David, why was Leslie there...admittedly the pictures were small, but she was getting a little out of it. She also asked if I was baking cookies. When I was sitting next to her.And if I was taking classes at Biola...Hmmm...but hey, she still remembers everyone's birthday and what state Marilyn did for her fifth grade report and what she ate for dinner sixty years ago...so either certain brain faculties become particularly accute, or she's still alright. Or both. Who knows. I press on :)

No comments: