Monday, December 8, 2008

my side of the tale...

What a day…
So I had some up and down emotions, because I found the school where I am to begin my student teaching, and it is literally right down the block from Grandma and Grandpa. Which makes me second guess my decision to move out and ponder if God is trying to tell me something. But then I hung out with my new room mates a little bit, and it was so tremendously refreshing. I continue to be so ecstatic and grateful, and I truly do think it will probably be healthy for me to move away.
Then tonight, heehee, this is a fun story. I came home kind of late and greeted Grandpa, but I think Grandma was in the bedroom. So I went up and was putting my things away, when I hear her screeching out and asking him if I’d come home. Then she was asking him something else about me, and of course he didn’t hear. So she repeated her mumbling query and he still couldn’t understand, and I heard her muttering and grumbling about him. By this time I was down the stairs and right behind her, and finally got fed up. I literally shouted “I’M RIGHT HERE WHAT DO YOU WANT WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ASK?!?” And I think she just about crapped her pants. She made some excuse about not knowing if I was home or something, and said that I scared her. But I think I got the point of frustration across, and it was actually quite gratifying. And the look on Grandpa’s face was just priceless. He had this little grin that would have made any suffering worth it. I’ll be sad to leave him alone to her again…but still good?

No comments: